Diakonia of the United Church of Canada is a voluntary association of United Church of Canada Diaconal ministers and others associated with the United Church who identify themselves as being in diaconal ministry. Please consider joining! Electronic Membership formPrintable Membership form
Become a member
DUCC provides a national identity and perspective on diaconal ministry
With DUCC’s role in policy making and advocacy within the church, it is important to ensure that the organization is strong and diverse. Your membership is important.
To contact DUCC with membership questions or if you need to make a change of postal or email address, email [email protected].
Who can Become a member
Membership in DUCC is open to:
- all United Church Diaconal Ministers
- UCC Candidates for Diaconal Ministry
- students in one of the schools that prepares people for Diaconal Ministry in the UCC
- anyone who identifies themselves to be a practitioner of diaconal ministry in the UCC
DUCC membership fees are used to:
- facilitate a strong community of colleagues and friends (supporting National Gathering planning, grants for regional events and travel)
- tell our story to one another and beyond (DUCC News and website)
- ensure that there is a body that can speak with authority on issues related to diaconal ministry
- support DUCC representation at international events (DOTAC and DIAKONIA World Federation)
- contribute to diaconal education
- remember and give thanks for the lives of diaconal folks when they die
DUCC is a member organization of DIAKONIA World Federation and its regional body, Diakonia of the Americas and the Caribbean. The United Church of Canada pays the membership fees in these organizations.
“The disciples set aside resources, according to what each one of them had, to send for the service of others.”
Membership fees are considered donations for which you will receive a tax deductible receipt.
The suggested fee is $150.00. The minimum membership fee is $15. Your membership is important, do not let finances stop you from joining. Please consider the benefits of membership in DUCC carefully and choose a rate that reflects your ability to contribute.
Charitable Tax receipts for Membership Fees and any other financial donations are issued after year end.
Annual Membership is based on a calendar year and is due in January.
Membership by Automatic Withdrawal (PAR)
DUCC Membership fees can be paid by an automated monthly withdrawal from your bank account. Paying by PAR ensures that your membership is up-to-date and that DUCC has the resources to carry out its mandate on your behalf.